Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Field Training Exercise with the Bees!


Hey Shipmates,

Wanted to let you know I just had the opportunity to spend a couple of days with our "Can Do" warriors of NMCB 40, UCT 2, 30th NCR and 31st SRG during their FTX in Northern California.

It was great to see these "dirt Sailors" setting up camps, ensuring perimeters are maintained and simply doing what they do best, "They Build, and They Fight!"

On my last day, I had a chance to join a convoy as they prepared to move camp from one location to another. The JERRV ride was an incredible display of American technology and our Sailors who have been trained to drive, navigate and fight from them are inspirations to us all. Pictured here with me are CM1(SCW) Johnson (on the left), and UT3(SCW) Milne on the right. There were also a few other BEES in the vehicle I had the privelage to meet, who are not pictured.

Shipmates, your dedication and sacrifices make me proud to be among you and call us all Sailors! Fleet Howard

No comments: